Saturday, February 26, 2011

Conversations with Amanda and Dan: 3am Style

During those first few sleep deprived weeks after Joel was born, this conversation was born.

Dan: I wonder if warm milk putting adults to sleep has anything to do with warm breast milk putting babies to sleep!?
Amanda: What kind of sick Freudian theory is that?

**********
Amanda's Thought of the Day:
I often wonder why it takes men so much longer to attend to a crying baby than a woman. At first I thought it was because woman are known to be more nurturing. But I have come to realize that its because their breasts hurt when the baby cries. If a man's nether-region hurt every time a baby cried, they'd go running.
Dan: Or keel over in pain and drag themselves to the crying baby. Its a good thing that men don't have that reaction! (a slight pause) Your breasts hurt every time he cries?
Amanda: Almost every time. Now you know why I get mad when you don't go running to Joel when he cries. It literally hurts me!

No comments:

Post a Comment