Sunday, December 28, 2014

Joel-isms

Joel (and Micah) were in a time out for fighting.  I told Joel he needed to apologize to Micah for hitting him.  Joel goes up to Micah, but doesn't end up apologizing. I tell him again that he needs to apologize and Joel says, "I keep trying to apologize. But every time I do, Micah keeps putting his eyes away." (aka....not looking at Joel). I guess he's finally taken our request to look people in the eyes (especially when you apologize) seriously.

After this incident, I was reminding Joel that it is never okay to hit in my house. He turns to me and says, "But mom, its not your house. It belongs to Darnell and Christina." Seriously kid!  You got me on a technicality. I rephrased my statement to include the fact that we never hit. Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment