Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A simple thought (or two)

I was thinking the other day. If men did what their wives asked, we wouldn't need to nag them. Therefore, its the men's fault that we wives nag. They should have just done what we asked them to do in the first place and then wouldn't the nagging stop?
(side note: we don't really have this problem in our marriage, since Dan is a good listener! And, since I told him this thought. He agrees that I wouldn't have to nag him if he listened the first time.)

Second thought: Am I the only person in the entire world who doesn't know how to make KD without reading the directions? I made the kids Kraft Dinner today and the little girl (who is 3)got mad at me. Don't you know how to make it? No! I don't. The first time I ever had KD, I was a teenager. And to be honest...it was gross! In fact, it still is gross (especially when smothered in Ketchup). It was interesting that i didn't even know macaroni came in a box until I was a teen. My mother always made it from scratch. And now, I make it from scratch (you know, real ingredients like flour, margarine and hark! real cheese) So, sorry I don't know how to make it.

2 comments:

  1. If wives asked men to do less things, the nagging would also not be an issue! ;) Seriously though: Are men conditioned to not ask anything of their wives and but to simply meet the needs of women - or their wimseys? Just a thought... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MS:
    Wouldn't you think that if the men volunteered to help out more often we wouldn't ask them to do things so often? :) Also, perhaps men should ask more of wives (I would just proceed with extreme caution!)

    ReplyDelete