Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Please Don't Judge Me

Please don't judge me....
....because I carry a large diaper bag. I have two young boys, both in diapers. Cloth diapers. That means I change them frequently to prevent them from feeling wet. It involves a lot more equipment than disposable diapers. I've got wet bags, liners, diapers, wraps, and wipes. It takes up a lot more room. But I'm committed to them.
....because I cover up when I breastfeed. Its partly because I'm a bit modest and partly for your own safety. You see, I have a lot of milk and a forceful letdown. If I don't cover up, you may get wet. I'm just trying to keep you feeling comfortable.
....because I carry a lot of toys. My boys are not easily entertained by one toy for a long period of time. They have a lot of energy and have the attention span of a squirrel. I carry a lot of toys to try keep them distracted during church or any other quiet activity.
.....because sometimes it doesn't work. They are busy folks. They want to move. They want to talk. Sometimes keeping them quiet takes more energy than its worth. Please don't judge me because they are kids.
...because on occasion my bra straps show. They keep falling down. Don't worry, I know the solution is to tighten those straps. Unfortunately, I'm currently in this awkward place right now. You see, I frequently suffer from clogged milk ducts (which is a VERY painful thing....perhaps even more than labour). If I tighten those straps, I get clogged. So I keep them loose to prevent excruciating pain. Believe me, its more annoying to me than it is to you.
....because I adjust my breast pads in public. Sometimes they move. I refuse to `tape` them down. Its wasteful, because they don`t stick the second time around. And I need to feed every 2-3 hours. That`s a lot of pads. In reality, its to prevent those awkward dinner plate sized leaks. I`d prefer to not walk around wet, so when I feel the let down occur, I quickly move them back into place. I try to do this inconspicuously, but sometimes, its just easier to whip them back into place. Please don`t judge me.
...because I wear the same pants all week. Between drooler, messy eater, works in a kitchen and breast milk leaker, I do a ton of laundry. Its one thing that I don't get dirty in a week, and it adds up to a little less laundry to do. Yippee!
Please don't judge me because I do things differently. I'm trying to figure out what is best for me and my family at this time. They may change in the future, but right now this is what works.


**just random thoughts....nothing personal

No comments:

Post a Comment