Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Evolution of a Name


Micah Samuel McCrimmon

10 months have passed since you joined our family.

We can't believe how much you have changed.

When you were born, you were Micah to us. Miiiiikeey to Joel!

But as time has progressed, so has your name. Yes, we still call you Micah. But Joel's rendition of your name has changed considerably.

You started as Mikey (just draw out the I and E) to Joel.

Then sadly, you went unnamed for many, many months.

Joel eventually picked up on my nickname for you, Micah Moo Moo. And thus, you became Moo Moo.

Sometimes shortened to Moo, but never, ever Micah.

A few weeks ago, your name transitioned to Maht-cha!

It didn't last long, but was definitely cute!

But on the day your turned ten months old, Joel transitioned you to the name you were born with: Micah. It was a glorious day to hear Joel call you by your real name. But sad at the same time. I loved hearing all the different renditions of your name. I loved that he called you Moo Moo. Maht-Cha was definitely the sweetest name and I could listen to Joel say it all day long. But now, you are Micah. The name you were born with. I'm sure the evolution will continue. He's already copying me and calling you Micah Moo Moo. What else will Joel come up with?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment