Monday, January 20, 2014

Is it 7am yet?

 
 
Literally every morning, I can find Joel staring at the clock, wondering if its 7am yet.
He knows he has to wait till the long hand goes "up, up, up to the top."
I've made this rule. No ukulele before 7am.
Its not really that big of a deal to play it before 7.
Secretly, I really just want a few minutes of silence in the morning.
That sweet, sweet half hour of silence energizes my soul.
 
Then, when the clock strikes 7, the sounds of Jingle Bells can be heard echoing the walls.
For the next twelve hours, I hear Jingle Bells. I hear, I just wanna be a sheep. I hear made up songs and multiple songs mixed together. One child or another is usually singing.
These four walls are filled with music.
But once in a while, its nice to have a few moments of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment