Monday, March 24, 2014

The "Last" Curse Continues...

2 for 2. Yep, the odds are in our favour. Or rather the dentist's favour. I'm pretty sure if we have another child, their first visit to the dentist will also be for an emergency visit, not a checkup.
 
Joel had his first visit around two years of age. His poor tooth was pushed backwards after a fall. And his second visit about six months later for the same reason.
 
Every one of my brothers kids have also chipped a tooth, or pushed one backwards. We call it the "Last curse."  Just take a peek at their coffee table. There are three separate corners with three separate indents, one from each of their kids.

Micah on the other hand, decided to one-up his brother and his cousins. It was a big spectacle. He had climbed off the couch and onto a side table. The table tipped and Micah ended up tooth first into the fireplace. I rescued him and the half turned table. I picked him up and immediately the blood started to pour. Dan and I frantically looked for the source. It was then I caught a glimpse of our fate. There was no tooth.
 
I immediately got on the phone with the dentist (which after two "busy" signals and a frantic prayer, I finally got through) to get an appointment. They told me to come on over and they'd take a peek.
 
Nothing. That is what they could do....unless we had the tooth. We searched the floor before we left, but we assume that he swallowed it. (He had gagged when we picked him up).
 
So now Micah has a new look, similar to that of a hockey player. He will sport his look until his permanent tooth makes its appearance (in 3-4 years!!!) 
 
Until then, he'll be singing, All I want for Christmas is My Missing Front Tooth!
 

1 comment:

  1. Rushing your child to the dentist’s office for an emergency tooth problem is not something any parent would want to do during the holidays. But accidents happen sometimes, and seems to happen often around during holidays. It was a good thing that your dentist was available that time. At least Micah were able to receive the treatment he needed that day.

    Eugenie Velasquez @ WynneWood Dental Arts

    ReplyDelete