Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Let the rain begin!

Dan and I took our first walk in the rain the other day. It was refreshing! Felt like fall, making me feel all hezzelic inside.
Pardon my "Dutch" there, but I can't seem to find a better word in the English language. Hezzelic translates, in my limited Dutch knowledge, to roughly mean atmosphere, coziness, warmth, warm fuzzies, overall goodness. Picture a cold winter's night, curled up with the one you love, next to a fireplace, drinking your hot cocoa, reading a good book. That's hezzelic. Or warm soup on a brisk Sunday afternoon, with fresh baked buns, followed by a nap on the couch. (okay, that's really a Dutch thing, but hopefully you get my drift).
Walking in the rain is wonderful and hezzelic....but only for a while. Then it turns into the winter blahs. But for right now, I enjoy it. I like it. It can continue. The rain doesn't bother us walkers that much. Although the torrential downpours can soak you in a few minutes. But overall, the rain doesn't affect me. It can continue, but hopefully only for a while. Then again, a nice sunny day would be refreshing.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get the hezzelic thing, as my husband's mom is from Holland. It is a useful word that we use in family conversations and I was just googling to find how to spell it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete