Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Flooding


It ain't as bad as those living in the Philippines, but its bad enough. One night last week, I thought I heard Micah moving a bunch in his play yard. But when I went to look at him, he was still as a board and the sound was still there. I ignored it and went to the bathroom. Dan was talking to me and noticed a random wet spot on the carpet. Nothing dripping from the ceiling....but it was dripping from the pocket door's rail. Oh my! Its 11pm and a bit late to make a call to the landlord.  But a drop of water is falling every 3-4 seconds. That will be a lot of water in the morning! Needless to say, we made the call. He came out. Cut a hole in ceiling. No water source. Another hole. Found the source. Coming from the drain upstairs. The boys upstairs had a shower about 2 hours ago. Call upstairs. They say that the faucet came off the tub and were going to call in the morning. Upstairs he goes, turns off water. Downstairs water stops. Two holes, a bucket and a large mess later and we get to go to bed. 12:30am. (Did I mention that we have a baby who still wakes up at night?) Monday its fixed. Had to wait with holey ceilings for a week to let boards dry out. Prevent mould. Crazy life we lead.  

Have we mentioned that this is the third "flood" we have lived through? Third times a charm!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment