Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Day in Our Lives

Midnight: Micah wakes up crying. His teeth hurts. He was awake only an hour ago. Try to feed him, but I get a nasty bite instead.

12:30am: Micah settles down, and we put him in is bed, only to have him wake up again. Dose him with Advil. Falls asleep within fifteen minutes.

12:45am: Everyone is sleeping again! Yippee!

6:15am: Joel wakes up. Dan goes in to settle him and then crawls back into bed.

6:30am: Joel starts crying and wakes Micah up. Dan gets Joel, I get Micah. Half asleep, I feed Micah.

6:45am: While burping Micah, I get jolted awake when he pukes all down my shirt. Call for Dan to help!  Clean up puke. Play on the bed with the boys.

7:15am: Dan takes boys into living room, while I go back to bed so I can try and recover from this horrible cold. (Yes, I have the BEST husband in the world)

8am: I wake up to the alarm and drag myself out of bed.

8:15am: Put Micah down for his morning nap. Eat breakfast. Shower. Get ready for the day.

9:30am: Get ready to go out to the gym.

9:45am: Leave for the gym. Dan goes to work.

10am: Boys play at the gym. I get to talk with other moms!

11:30am: Joel is begging to go home. He's tired. Joel eats crackers on the way home.

12 noon: Joel goes to the bathroom, change Micah's diaper. Put Joel to bed. Feed Micah and put him to bed.

12:30pm: Boys are sleeping!  I make lunch, watch some TV, read some blogs. Rest and relax! Get some things done around the house (emails, dinner prep, fold laundry etc).

4pm: Boys wake up! (3.5 hour naps...this is unusual!!!!) Feed Joel and prep both boys for going out.

4:45pm: Walk to Canadian Tire. Buy epoxy. Walk home.

5:20pm:  Home again. Make dinner with my lovely helper Joel. Micah plays quietly by himself.

6 pm: Feed Micah (who is starving by now!)

6:30pm: Dinner time! Dan comes home.

7pm: Prep boys for bed. Feed Micah (again!)

7:30pm: Boys are in bed.

8:30 pm: Joel has finally stopped crawling in and out of bed. I have a nice LONG hot shower. (its my way of relaxing) We start watching Elementary.

9pm: Joel is finally asleep.

9:15pm: I'm asleep cuddling with Dan on the couch.

9:30pm: Dan finishes watching Elementary. We crawl into bed. Asleep in seconds.

10:30pm: Micah wakes up. Try feed Micah...get bitten instead.  Drug him with Advil. Falls asleep. I'm asleep while holding Micah. Dan takes Micah and puts him to bed. Sleep uninterrupted until 4:30am. Empty bladder. Wish I could feed Micah. Micah stirs but doesn't wake up until 6:15am. Toss and turn until boys wake us up. Feed Micah...start next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment