Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We've created a GREEN Monster

Yep, our little boy is a lean green recycling machine. And he wants you to recycle too! Don't let our little boy see you throw something in the garbage that could be recycled. He will correct you!

The other day, I was doing laundry in our shared laundry room. Joel found a laundry detergent bottle in the garbage can. He promptly took it out and said, "uh oh!" He then went towards the recycling bins and asked me for help to open the recycling container. I noticed some lint on the bottom of the container and took it back to the garbage can to brush it off. As I was doing this, Joel threw a fit. A tantrum. An epic meltdown. That container was NOT to be in the garbage. I calmly told Joel what I was doing, but the meltdown didn't end until he put that container in the recycling bin. He knew it needed to be recycled and that's just what he did.

.....please don't let him see into the dumpster outside. The tantrums would never end. Apparently this building has a problem with recycling and everything is garbage.

1 comment:

  1. Just wait until they start a composting program there! Your garbage is going to be piddly.

    ReplyDelete