Monday, September 20, 2010

The most ridiculous suggestion....

With Amanda back to work, there seem to be a whole lot more stories involving those two wonderful children and their family. This is a story that we needed to share, mostly because of its ridiculous nature in relation to our lifestyle (and perhaps most people would agree!)
As you know, we walk everywhere. This means that we walk in the rain, snow, sleet and sun. Basically, we are more dependable than the postal service! We enjoy a good walk in the rain now and again. The night before this "story" takes place, we walked to the grocery store in the pouring rain to pick up a few items.
As we are just starting our the year with the kids, I seem to be a bit short on groceries for the children. I mentioned to Nancy one drippy rainy morning that I needed some milk for the kids. I was hoping for some money to go pick it up, or for her to hit up a grocery store that evening and send it with the kids the next morning. Instead, I got more than I bargained for! She suggested that I take the children to the McDonalds Drive-thru (yes, DRIVE-THRU!) and purchase a carton of milk.
To someone who the previous evening had braved the elements to bring home our groceries, this suggestion seemed utterly ridiculous. I even asked why the grocery store wasn't a better option. She just insisted that the DRIVE-THRU at MCDONALDS would prevent me from getting wet. I just don't understand. Really...it baffles me. Getting wet is not an issue. Going to the grocery store with two kids is NOT an issue. What the issue is to me, is that someone would suggest using a drive-thru to get milk. Needless to say, Dan and I had a good laugh. Its been two weeks, and we are still trying to understand.
Oh, and for the milk. I took her kids (gasp) in the rain (oh my!) and got some from the store (who would have thought?). We even lived to tell about it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment