Friday, October 29, 2010

Life Lessons from a Child

Sometimes children can be honest. And sometimes it is truly brutal honesty. This week, I came home with the two kids while our neighbour Brian was outside smoking. River walks up to him and in his three year old honest way says to Brian, "That's yucky!" Then River turns to me and asks, "Amanda is that bad?" Brian pipes in that indeed smoking is bad. I agreed with him. Then Brian got the shock of his life when River stated matter of factly: "You're going to die!" Rendering both Brian and I speechless, I quickly tried to unlock the front door when Cypress pipes in, "You're going to have cancer." Yep, honesty. BRUTAL honesty. I turned to Brian and said, "Well, I guess they sure told you!" while I walked inside and encouraged the children to follow. Cypress, just before going inside turns to me and asks, "Is that going to make you puke?"
Yes....it probably will. Just so you know, if you smoke near me, I may puke on you. You have been warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment