Friday, October 29, 2010

Prenatal Class

Just one little story to share! The men in the class were asked what are the emotional changes that a woman goes through in the last three months of pregnancy. Every single man looked down at his feet, not wanting to say anything lest he be banished to the proverbial dog house. But no, I have Dan for a husband. He's not scared of that dog house. So he pipes up, " They're irrational!" All the men look at him and stare at him with fear in their eyes as if they were saying, "You are soooo dead." Then they glance to me, wondering what my response will be. These men are frightened that a rational response will be given and he will be reprimanded for his honesty. Instead, like a good wife, I laughed. Hard. Cuz I know its true. The men relaxed and began to share freely about the emotional changes their wives were going through. And we shared my irrational story about whipping cream and cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment