Friday, May 25, 2012

All I want is a number

The downside of giving birth so fast to Joel is that I never got to be 'so many' centimeters dilated.  I know it sounds weird, but with this pregnancy, I really wanted to be 'this many' centimeters dilated.  I really just want a number. A number that I could share when I retell our birth story..."I was 6cm dilated when they checked me and then a few hours later I was fully dilated and told to push." Something like that.  I know its silly, but its a desire I have.
So this time around, I got my wish. Last week, when they checked me I was 1-2 cm dilated. This week 3-4 cm. So here I am sitting around like a ticking time bomb, waiting for labour to start. I have to say the next number I hope to hear is 10...but that might be asking too much. So is wanting this baby. I think I've come to the conclusion that I may just be pregnant for the rest of my life (well at least the rest of this month!) Pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment