Monday, May 21, 2012

Frustration

Yesterday I woke up at 4am (thanks Joel) and was experiencing some contractions. Nothing steady, but definitely more painful than normal. They were fairly inconsistent, but I was hoping that they would change into more fruitful contractions. When we woke up at 8am, it was evident that these contractions were definitely intense, although somewhat irregular. We hoped yet again that someone would come of these. I contracted fairly steadily all morning (and yes, I tried unsuccessfully to hide these at church) and then they stopped at about 1:30pm. I had another handful of these braxton hicks in the afternoon and went to bed disappointed that there is still no baby. It was a frustrating day. Being in pain for nothing is not something that I wish to do every day. I was telling Dan how frustrating it was to contract all day without a baby to show for it and compared it to being sacked repeatedly every 5-10 minutes without getting to hold a baby at the end of the day. I could see him wince and curl up in a ball as I made this comparison...I think he understood.
I had this same frustrations before Joel was born. A whole day (also a Sunday) of contractions, more intense than the normal braxton hicks without a baby or actual labour at the end of the day. Then two days later, he came flying out. Perhaps that will happen again, or perhaps I'll be pregnant for another 17 days. But either way, sometime in the next 7-17 days there WILL be a baby. I guess not going into true labour yesterday was a blessing in disguise since the one midwife I haven't really met was on call on Sunday. This morning at 10, they switch and the midwife I love (and want to be at my birth) is on call. Maybe just maybe, this baby will come today......or perhaps it'll be in 17 days. Whichever it is, I WILL get me a baby sooner or later!

Please God make it sooner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment