Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Nostalgia

This is the mixer my mom got for her wedding. Its still going. And I LOVE using it. It holds my bread recipe nicely and still (barely) goes round and round. Yep, the same bread recipe my mom made growing up, is still made in her mixer. I've made a few alterations to her recipe (yah whole wheat) but the essence is still there.

Why do I use this old dilapidated mixer instead of my new shiny Kitchen Aid? Simply put: it fits my recipe. Kitchen Aid can't handle 10 cups of flour and all the other goodies we add. This mixer CAN! So I use it every time we make bread! Thanks mommy! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I have the same mixer. I have loved it dearly, but it is dying a slow, agonizing death. Oh, how sad. I bought a new sunbeam one to try to take some of the heavy duty work away from the Braun, but doesn't
    work nearly as well. Oh well. I'll just have to keep helping the Braun turn the bowl....

    ReplyDelete