Saturday, June 30, 2012

Crazy Days

Its been a bit crazy around here these days.

On Thursday, Micah got his first cold and has been sneezing a lot. His poor nose is stuffed up and its hard for him to breathe, let alone sleep. But he's a trouper and doing fairly well. Unfortunately, he's passed his cold on to the rest of us (or maybe we all had it and passed it on to him. But his immune system is weaker and can't fight off the germs as well).

I survived my first major clogged milk duct that started Wednesday night, right after our Missionary Support Team meeting. It was one of my largest clogs to date. Felt like I had a hot dog sized clog radiating up to my neck for almost 24 hours. Not an ideal situation. I just wanted to pop a pin in my breast to relieve the pressure. Any one who has ever had a clogged duct knows the pain. Probably the most pain I've been in, in about three weeks (when Micah was born). Although this pain is different than labour. With labour, you know its going to end sometime. But with clogged ducts, it could go on for days or weeks with no relief. Luckily, Dan was home to watch the kiddos and I could spend some time resting (yep, midwives orders!).

Today I put Micah in his rocking chair. I picked him up a few minutes later only to find that he was drenched.  I thought he had wet himself through his clothes. Nope. It was not pee. Luckily, it wasn't poop either. He had vomited. Yet, somehow in his creativity, he only had a small spot on the front by his shoulder and the rest ended up on his back. I'm not sure how he does it, but that boy has talent. So, I quickly changed him, bathed him and rushed off to finish the three loads of laundry I was doing.

Later today, after I fed Micah, he puked all over me. I caught the first hurl in a recieving blanket. Although that was quickly saturated and started to drip through. Then came the second and third bout and that just drenched me. All over my skirt, the chair and himself. I can't believe how much came out.

And then the topping on the cake! This evening, just before we were about to put Joel to bed, he ran into the kitchen and fell flat on his face. A solid ten pointer. Then came the blood. No big deal as that is a regular occurance around here. He seems to like biting through his lips, leading to bloody mouth and a fat lip. But as we calmed him down and took a peek through the blood, I noticed his front tooth to not be aligned with his other tooth! It was bent backwards. Yikes! We made a call to Health Line to discuss whether this was a dental emergency, hosptial emergency or nothing at all.  They asked some questions, and we all decided that it wasn't worth sitting in emergency for hours. They suggested that we make a dentist appointment for Tuesday (since its a long weekend) to see if it needs to be repositioned so that it doesn't affect his permanent teeth. What a way to end an evening!

2 comments:

  1. oh my word! crazy times in the mccrimmon household once again! so sorry to hear about the pain you had..... not good. love you guys and wish we could come over and hang out!!!! miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little buddy! Hope you all feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete