Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Most Pregnant I have ever been

As of Friday at 8:02pm, I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been. But now its Saturday and I'm still pregnant. I am officially 5 days overdue (Joel was only 4 days overdue). Its a bit disheartening to not be holding my beloved child in my arms, but exciting knowing that at any moment labour could kick in and in a few hours (hopefully) I'd be holding my child. And I know that eventually I will be holding my baby in my arms, even if this child decides not to come on its own (Thursday would be induction day).
Today I have been relaxing and walking. I have already walked to Safeway and back with my neighbour, and to House of James and back with my mom. I hope that all this walking will help induce labour (and not leave me too tired to do all that hard work). Now, I'm sitting and watching my mother play with Joel in the backyard while I rest from all that walking.

Some random things I look forward to about not being pregnant, other than the obvious (holding my baby)
1. Getting to wear my wedding ring again
2. Not having these insane pregnancy hormones making my hair into a big frizz ball all the time
3. Not having to worry about who is at home and if I can call them to come and look after Joel
4. Being able to walk around the block and not worry about going into labour
5. Not having to get up and pee ever 45 minutes
6. Not going through 4 rolls of TP every day (see above)
7. Being able to tell Joel that the baby is FINALLY here
8. Going to the store and buying veggies without worrying about them going bad after the baby is born
9. Being able to play on the floor with Joel
10. Not being bored stiff staying at home all day hoping to go into labour

No comments:

Post a Comment