Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Joel's Hospitality


I took a pie plate out of the dishwasher this week and Joel grabbed it. He took it to the garbage and was going to put it in there. I told him to stop! First, I was going to keep it so that we can give cookies to our friends and second, if it wasn't going to be used for that, he should recycle it.

Well, Joel heard what I said, he took the pie plate to the freezer and started to gesture for me to open it. I took out the cookies and he loaded up the pie plate. When I asked him who we should give them to, he started to jump. I knew that meant he wanted to take them to the gym (where we go to jump).  I had previously mentioned to Joel that morning that we were going to go to the gym to see Simon. I sort of assumed that's who he wanted to give the cookies to.

When we got to the gym, he grabbed the plate of cookies, walked right up to Simon's mom Danielle and handed over the cookies. She was super excited (as was Simon who ate two cookies that morning!)

It was super cool to watch Joel pick up on the hospitality that Dan and I exhibit. All I really wanted that morning was for Joel to put my pie plate away for later use. But he had different plans. I'm glad to see that he's got his own sense of hospitality. I was especially glad to see him give the cookies away to friends that we met at the gym. He got to see first hand how blessed they felt. Good sharing Joel!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment