Thursday, October 18, 2012

Full Circle

Somethings in life seem to come full circle.

An older gentleman sits behind us in church every week. He LOVES our boys. I can see him smiling at them, making them giggle, and holding their hands. Sometimes I wonder if he comes to church just to see the boys. Our boys love him as well. They love to say hi and toss toys at him so that he'll pick them up. My boys look for him when we sit down. I love hearing this gentleman's stories about his granddaughter. He genuinely loves kids. And genuinely loves my boys.

Little did I know, but our paths have crossed before. Not directly, but indirectly. You see, a few years ago, I used to volunteer/work at Youth For Christ. Along with Big Al and Doug, we ran the drop in center C-21. A place for teens in our community to hang out and find solace. We built relationships with the youth, led Bible studies, made them eat gross things and cared for their souls. Little did I know, but that elderly gentleman who loves my boys.....He owns that building!

When I learned that, it felt like my life came full circle. That two very separate stages of my life came crashing together in a cosmic flurry of amazingness. I feel as though those separate stage are connected now. Connected by one man who loves kids. Both youth in our community and two very special boys in our church.

1 comment:

  1. How cool, Amanda!! Gave me goosebumps....
    and I love the new blog look!
    tina.

    ReplyDelete