Friday, October 26, 2012

My Post-Partum Migraine

For some strange reason, about 4-5 months after I give birth, I am struck with a debilitating migraine headache. It happened with Joel as well. It only lasts one day, but it is PAINFUL! I think my hormones are still working themselves out and being overtired from still waking up at night just adds to the pain. Yesterday, it felt like a building was imploding every time a kid made a noise or Dan spoke. Or any sort of noise was made actually. It was awful. (Especially trying to feed Micah. He kept snorting and I kept wincing in pain). Dan stayed home and took Joel for a walk in the morning while Micah and I slept for a few hours. I was awake for two hours, in a drug induced state before I needed to sleep again. I slept a few more hours in the afternoon and began to finally feel better. I'm super glad that Dan was able to stay home and help me out, since there was NO way I could even think about taking care of the kids. (This is where having some good friends close by to watch the kids would come in handy, but they have out of town guests, are overwhelmed by their own kids, are too old, too far away, are going to school/work, or were just too busy to ask). But once I began to feel better, it was nice to have Dan home. We took it easy, heating a dinner we made at the Bake-a-thon the night before, curled up in our jammies and watched tv all evening. A nice way to end the day.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you have to suffer that! Hopefully that's the only migraine you ever get.

    ReplyDelete